Kenya Safari for the Deaf :
5 Days Masai Mara & Lake Nakuru Safari Package
Departs daily at 09:00am.
Day 1. Nairobi - Lake Nakuru safari
Pick up from your hotel in Nairobi at 8am. Drive 160 km, 2 hours to Lake Nakuru National Park with an en route game drive. Arrive at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge or Lake Nakuru Lodge in time for lunch and afternoon leisure. The lake attracts thousands of lesser and greater flamingos among other tens of species of birds. There are a variety of bird species to watch in this lake. Not only does this lake boast of being a bird's paradise, it is also a rhino sanctuary for the highly endangered black and white rhinos. Other animals found here include cheetahs, leopards, lions, waterbucks, zebras, gazelles, Rothschild Giraffe amongst others. En route to the park, unrivalled panorama of scenic views of the Great Rift Valley unfolds giving you an unmatched photographic opportunity. In the afternoon, enjoy game viewing from 4pm until 6.30pm, being the best time to see the animals while they are still active. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight, Sarova Lion Hill Lodge or Lake Nakuru Lodge, B,L,D
Day 2. Lake Nakuru - Maasai Mara
Distance: 275 kms (5 hrs). After breakfast, depart from Lake Nakuru at 7am into the Masai Mara with its amazing migration, concentration of wildlife and outstanding scenery. Lunch at your chosen lodge with time for sightseeing, relaxing by the pool or just resting. At 4pm, take an afternoon introductory game drive running until 6.30pm. Return for dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 3 & 4. Masai Mara safari
Two full days in Masai Mara with daily morning and afternoon game drives in the finest game sanctuary in Kenya, noted for its wildebeest migration, lions and other wildlife. Overnight at Mara Sopa Lodge, B, L,D.
-Visit to a local Maasai village for a Maasai cultural tour: US$ 25 per person
-Hot air balloon ride: US$ 425 per person
Day 5. Lake Nakuru - Nairobi
After breakfast, drive back to Nairobi with an en route stop for panoramic views of the Great Rift Valley at the view point to arrive Nairobi at approximately 1pm. (Optional lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant: US$ 45 per person), B
The package includes:
1.Services of a Deaf guide driver
2. All meals as provided in the itinerary.
3. Transportation in a chauffeur driven minivan with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography.
4. Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary.
5. Game viewing drives and parks entrance.
6. All Government taxes and levies.
7. Mineral water during game drives only
8. All arrival and departure transfers
9. 24 hours stand-by contact number
10. Guaranteed window seat in the minivan
11. Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each minivan
12. On safari accessories in the minivan: - First-aid kit, wildlife books, binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher
1. Domestic, international airfares and departure taxes.
2. All items of personal nature such as telephone calls, fax, email etc.
3. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s)
4. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
5. Laundry services.
6. Holiday supplement over Christmas and New Year.